Cooking Japanese home-food is simple & delicious, Mayu’s Kitchen & Co’s Japanese home cooking classes is for learning Japanese family-recipes, that support healthy life of Japanese people. How to make sushi rice? What is Miso & Mirin? Having the foundation of Japanese ingredients & basic idea of “food intelligence” , healthy Japanese food can be cooked easily, like Japanese mothers do everyday.
The courses are held in English, and you’ll find all of cooking tips, shortcuts, and the helpful information that you need to get started!
==Japanese Home Cooking Workshop (2 to 3hrs)==
With chef’s tips and assistance, you will enrich your knowledge, skills and get a wider view of the art of Japanese cooking. Workshops take place in Mayu’s Kitchen. Chef takes you through the whole meal process (starter, soup main, rice/noodle etc) and everyone will enjoy the meal as a reward. It is fun learning in small groups, relaxing & friendly home-style environment. All ingredients, equipment, original recipes are provided. A glass of wine or soft drink, Japanese tea are served at meal time. Book TODAY!
- Ingredients available in local / Super markets.
- Introduction of BASIC Japanese ingredients and condiments
- Chef’s method of choosing quality food – shop/market tour ( Optional)
- Japanese table manner
- Open for everyone. Food lovers, Busy mums, & cooking beginners
- Private or Group lessons are available. See details
- 2 to 3 hours cooking workshop on Weekdays 10am to 1pm or afternoon.
- Location: Mayu’s Kitchen & Co ( near MTR HKU ) or YOUR HOME as private cooking party
- 680 HKD to 2400HKD per class See price details
- Booking: By appointment only. Please write your message/request with (1) Group/Private lesson (2) your name, (3)phone number & email address, (4) preferable booking date(s), (5) # of people, & (6) dietary restrictions EMAIL: email@example.com After the payment & confirmation, we give you the full address of Mayu’s Kitchen’s venue **1st come 1st serve, Class will be open +4 people
Menu example: &** SEE This month menu.
<Class for Miso Marinate Class>
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient (Varieties of Miso, Soy sauce, Dashi /Japanese bouillon, condiments)
- Saikyo yaki for Fish
- Saikyo yaki for Meat, or Miso Soboro Meat.
- Miso Dressing & cruncy vegetable salad.
- Miso soup
- How to make Japanese fluffy sticky rice
<Class for Sushi>
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient (Varieties of Sugar, Mirin, Vinegars )
- Difference of Sushi rice & normal rice
- Home made sushi vinegar
- Maki Sushi 2 ways ( inside & outside rolls) & Temaki (Corn Shape ) , OR Sushi-Cake Chirashi ( No-roll sushi)
- Bookings can be made in order of priority & will become effective upon the settlement of tuition fee.
- Payment is by check or direct payment (bank transfer) at least 3 days before the day of the class
- Reservation date can be rescheduled, if canceled more than 3 days prior to booking start date
- If canceled less than 2 days prior to booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the cost of the class or reservation date can be rescheduled in case the seat is available in next 2 days.
- No cancellation notice, or If canceled less than 24 hours prior to booking start date, no refund is issued
Mayu’s Kitchen & Co., Chef Mayu born in JAPAN and grew up in large family with her blue-ribbon cooking mums & grand-mother. Later, She trained in Le Cordon Bleu Paris, Traditional Japanese Culinary Art <Yanagihara :Kinsa-Ryu> and worked for French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and international VIP clients as private chef. She will be happy to assist you into the world of Japanese cooking including her family-heritage recipes, and Japanese green tea, sake, & etc…
Mayu’s Kitchen & Co.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.