Schedule: 3,10, 17, 24 June (Every Wed) 2020.
Demand for cooking classes targeting domestic helpers is on the rise in Hong Kong. Handing cookbooks or attending only 1 demonstration-class usually does not work. Needless to say, nothing beats actual cooking classes – especially when the experienced professional chef cook with your helper inthe right way. Mayu’s Kitchen hands-on courses and workshops for domestic helper to teach them the basics, give them a solid foundation to improve their culinary skills.
Menu of Mayu’s Kitchen & Co’s Helper Course:
Mouth-watering Japanese mother’s recipes require basic technique and a lot of vegetables. These healthy meal can be enjoyed at any time of the year, including festive time. We offer wonderful meals for families, friends, and both vegetable or meat-lovers. Please See the details below
About Mayu’s Kitchen & Co’s Helper Course:
- Specializes in teaching Japanese home cuisine.
- Including mother’s daily meal, festive, vegetarian, and gluten-free dishes to widen their cooking repertoire.
- Teaching knowledge of key ingredients, seasonal vegetables and their benefits for health, and preparation & storage
- Learning presentation on dishes to help great host of dinner parties for your family and friends.
- Hand-on practice and recipe of new dishes & presentation.
- 2-3hours per day, 4-day course over 4 weeks , 17 new dishes.
Schedule: 3,10, 17, 24 June (Every Wed) 2020
Timing: 10:30am-1pm Hands-on 2-2:30hour session with the option to stay and eat, or take the food away.
Venue: Happy Valley (after registration, inform your detail address)
Fees: Package of HK$ 680 per class per helper ( 4-day course over 4 weeks ) Total is HK$ 2720 ( Single-shot 740 HKD per class per helper)
Booking: email firstname.lastname@example.org with
①Employer’s Full name & Phone number
②Helper’s Full name & Phone number
③Food allergies/limitation if any.
After the payment & confirmation, we give you the full address of Mayu’s Kitchen’s venu in Happy Valley.
3 June – Lesson 1 Japanese GYOZA Potsticker Dumplings
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient & condiments. (Varieties of Soy Sauce, Mirin, Vinegar, Dried Shiitake & etc )
- Vegetarian Gyoza dumpling
- Traditional Gyoza dumpling
- Homemade Gyoza sauce & arrangements
- Japanese glass noodle salad (Harusame salad-Vegetarian)
- Crunchy smashed cucumber & sesame (Vegetarian)
10 June – Lesson 2: Japanese Summer meals
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient & condiments: (Varieties of Dashi stock/soup, Easy Dashi stock)
- Introduction of Japanese noodles & gluten free ingredients.
- Spicy Asian chickpea
- Vegetarian/Vegan Summer Ramen
- Niku Udon/Soba noodle ( cold & hot)
- Sesame goma sauce
- Kinshi-Tamano ( Egg crepe & golden egg thread)
- Shabu-Shabu pork & vegetable rolls
- Egg white lemon & Ginger cake
17 June -Lesson 3 :Japanese-Korean family favorite
- 3 different Korean seasoned vegetables (Namuls) , Carrot, Spinach, Zucchini or Mung Bean Sprouts)
- Vegetarian Bibimbap
- Bulgogi, a classic Korean grilled beef
- KFC! ( Korean Fried Cauliflower)
24 June -Lesson 4: Seafood Delight Home cooking
- Basic preparation of shrimp, squid, shellfish
- Seafood paella
- Shellfish & Cabbage in garlic soy-sauce
- White fish Nanban -style with yogurt tartar
For the cooking courses paid, there is no refund for missed classes. In extenuating circumstances, at our sole discretion, we will allow for a makeup class. Classes not held due to our fault, a 100% refund will be issued. For those classes/courses in which a deposit is made, there is no refund but we will extend a credit to use at a later date (based on availability of a new date selected by you and confirmed by us).
T8 or above: All of our service is cancelled/postponed.