==Japanese Cooking Workshop==
How to make fluffy rice? What is Miso & Mirin? Having the foundation of Japanese ingredients & basic idea of cooking methods, healthy Japanese food can be cooked easily, like Japanese mothers do everyday.
- Menu including popular Japanese foods, such as Ramen & Sushi, Tempura, as well as daily comfy foods, such as Miso soup, Grilled fish, Braised vegetables, that Japanese family enjoy everyday.
- Learning key ingredients, health benefits, and preparation & storage, and beautiful presentation of dishes.
- Discovery of food culture and history.
- Hand-on practice and recipes of our cooking.
- A 2 -3hour-workshop with an option of stay & eat, or take-away of what we cook.
Schedule & Location
- Week-days @ Mayu’s Kitchen & Co. in Kennedy Town: 10:30 to 13:00. OR 15:00 to 17:00.
- Weekends & Week-days @YOUR place for private lesson: The starting time is negotiable for 2-3hours workshop
- 850HKD per person for a group lesson with 4 or more participants.
- 1200HKD per person for a semi-private lesson with 2 participants.
- 2400HID per person for a private lesson with ONLY 1 participant.
- Round trip HK taxi-transportation cost will be charged if the location is your place.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
①Your preferred date(s)
②Your full name
③Your Phone number & Email address
④# of participants
⑤Food allergies/dietary restrictions of all participants
Process of booking: Your request email for booking →we reply with the invoice & our bank account information → Your payment → Booking & confirmation with the full address of Mayu’s Kitchen’s Co.
3 popular classes:
<Japanese Gyoza-Pot sticker Class> >
- Traditional Gyoza (Pork)
- Vegetarian Gyoza
- Mung bean (Harusame) noodle salad
- Homemade Ponzu or Gyoza sauce
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient (Varieties of Soy sauce, Dashi, Japanese vinegar,)
- A little Shiratama-Mochi
< Sushi Class>
- Sushi Rice + Sushi Vinegar
- Maki (roll)Sushi
- Inside & out rolls
- Sushi Burrito, or Temaki (Corn Shape ), or Osho-sushi ( No-roll )
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient (Varieties of Sugar, Mirin, Vinegars )
- Difference of Sushi rice & normal rice
<Ramen or UDON Class>
- Ramen (with Pork or vegetarian) ( or Udon)
- Topping: Ramen eggs ( or Aburaage-Vegetables for Udon)
- Braised Lotus roots and carrots Kompira
- Goma-Ae (Sesame sauce) with seasonal organic vegetable.
- Master of Basic Japanese ingredient (Varieties of Miso, Soy sauce, condiments)
- Bookings can be made in order of priority & will become effective upon the settlement of tuition fee.
- Payment is by check or direct payment (bank transfer) at least 3 days before the day of the class
- Reservation date can be rescheduled, if canceled more than 3 days prior to booking start date
- If canceled less than 2 days prior to booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the cost of the class or reservation date can be rescheduled in case the seat is available in next 2 days.
- No cancellation notice, or If canceled less than 24 hours prior to booking start date, no refund is issued
Mayu’s Kitchen & Co., Chef Mayu born in JAPAN and grew up in large family with her blue-ribbon cooking mums & grand-mother. Later, She trained in Le Cordon Bleu Paris, Traditional Japanese Culinary Art <Yanagihara :Kinsa-Ryu> and worked for French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and international VIP clients as private chef. She will be happy to assist you into the world of Japanese cooking including her family-heritage recipes, and Japanese green tea, sake, & etc…
Mayu’s Kitchen & Co.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.